Spiral Balance Help

A quick learner from USA says:
I'm attaching some photos of my spiral balances from 1961 aluminum windows. Can you tell me what the best replacement is for the balance itself as well as for the shoes? Note the clip on plastic that keeps the window in the channel. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hat Bal1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hat Bal2.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unforutnately, the company that made your balance system is no longer in business, but we can still help. You'll need to use the Series 500 non-tilt balances to replace the originals. To get started, you will need to measure the tube length of the original balances. The bottom bracket with the nylon guide is also not available, so you will need to use the 17-012 with the S500 balances. As for the nylon guide used to keep the sash square to the window, see the 67-002 face guide. The window will use two for each side of the sash. Thanks for posting. 

A quick learner from USA says:
Would I be able to drill out the rivets and attach the old bottom bracket to a new balance if I wanted to re-use the original bottom brackets? If so, which balance model would I purchase? Thanks!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Sure, you can use the Series 600 balance and the 62-001 rivet. You'll need to knock out the two pins in the spiral balance end in order to attach your original bracket.

How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.