Spiral Balance & Pivot Lock Shoe

A contractor from SC says:
Trying to replace a set of spiral balances & the pivot lock shoes.
The tube measures 3/8" thickness x 28-3/4" long. Do I order 28" or 29" balance?
Also, I don't see the pivot lock shoe on your website. It is 3/8" thick, 1-15/16" overall & 31/32" wide. Has a Red cam.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20231003_090621.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! Before I can confirm the balance you need, I'd like to double check the length of the metal tube. When obtaining this measurement did you measure just the length of the tube, excluding the plastic, colored tip?

The pivot shoe looks like it could be our 15-134. To confirm that this is the right replacement, carefully review and compare the dimensions shown below.

Alternate image for 15-134
Alternate image for 15-134

A contractor from SC says:
Yes, I measured the metal tube only & it is 28-3/4" long. And the pivot lock shoe is not 15-134 as it is 1-15/16" overall, not 2-1/16". Will it still work if too long?
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for confirming this information. The S900-29 should work fine as a replacement for your existing spiral balance. To determine your tip color, you will need to obtain the exact weight of your sash. There is a chart below the product description of the balance that list the weight ranges each tip color can hold.

In regard to the shoe, so long as the thickness and width are a match, the height of the shoe will work fine.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.