Spiral Balance Replacement

A quick learner from Marco Island fl. says:
Have 3 windows. They have spiral balances in them which I have not installed before. They are in a private residence I am working on. I took the springs etc when I left but not the pvc tube attached to the window so I don't know that measurement. I am sending pictures of what I have and measurements. The lower movable window is 35"x35" and they are hurricane proof- 40lbs ? Everything is corroded so I'm sure I need all the other attachments required. Could you also provide an installation video. Thanks much!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spiral Balance Length
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spiral Balance Width
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spiral Balances
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spiral Balance Tip
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Tip
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! Your spiral balances appear to be non-tilt window spiral balances. Can you confirm this information? To identify the compatible hardware, I would also need to see those parts removed from the sash, if possible. If you cannot confirm them from this particular window, you may need to double check a similar window in the home.

Also, if you are unsure about the sash weight, it would be best to double check the actual weight of the sash. Especially since the sole purpose of the balances is to support the weight of the sash.

Once I have a better idea of the type of balances you need, we'll be able to provide better guidance on how to remove and install them.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

A quick learner from Marco Island fl. says:
Weight just under 30 lbs.
see attached pictures.
Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0981.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0979.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0978.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0976.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0975.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Your balance diameter appears to be 5/8" and the length looks like it could be 35". So, I believe you'll need the S500-35 Spiral Balance. Since the sash weighs just below 30lbs, you'll need to select the red tip option.

It does not appear that we have an exact replacement match for the mounting bracket but the view of it is obstructed in the photo. From what I can see, it looks similar to the 17-011 Side Mount Bracket, N62. Take a look over the dimensions to confirm if this is the right fit.

Detail of 17-011
Detail of 17-011

Side view of 17-011
Side view of 17-011

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.