Split arm cranck

A quick learner from h3l2h8 says:
Hi. The holes on the window sash have worn out and the screws no longer hold the sash and stud bracket in place, i.e., I can no longer open and close the window with the split arm crank and have to do it manually. What options do I have?

(1) Is it possible to use anchors inside the screw holes, something akin to the Snaptoggle anchors?
(2) should I consider replacing the whole split arm crank system with for example a dual arm crank + track system?

Thanks
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting! 

I am going to have our senior experts further review your inquiry for the best options. I appreciate your patience in this matter and will be in contact as soon as possible. 

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for your patience, 

I had the same situation at my son's house. I can see you have the 39-546 sash bracket, the same one my son's window has. What I did to repair it was to use a screw like the 33-022 in that top hole into the lower rail on the window sash. When installing this screw make sure you will not be drilling into the glass. Use a flat blade screw driver to disconnect the sash bracket from the operator arm. You might need to hold the bracket with a set of pliers while disconnecting it. I also installed larger screws in the face mounted holes. You could try larger screws or possibly some type of anchors. Try using plastic anchors or a very short molly bolt. The type of molly bolts they use in hollow core doors. Lastly make sure your window is operating "smoothly". Try a spray lubricate or spray furniture polish to lubricate the tracks. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.