Spring assembly

A professional from 01201 says:
Spring assembly with shoes. Hard to read numbers but think it says 40 9 bsi vb or v6. Measurements in photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Shoe Side Profile
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Shoe Height
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Shoe Width
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Length
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! There is a chance we can provide you with a replacement balance, however, to be absolutely sure, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged balance. I am specifically looking to see any attachments connected to the top and/or bottom of the balance.

Your pivot shoe appears to be the 9/16" Thick 15-121 Pivot Shoe. Although, to confirm that this is the right fit, you'll need to be sure to double check the dimensions below.

Alternate image for 15-121
Alternate image for 15-121

Here are pictures you requested of a non broken balance. Thanks for your help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2483.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2482.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2481.jpeg

I'm sorry to say that I am not able to see the attachment on the bottom of the balance. The view of it is obstructed because it is still installed in the shoe.

May I see a photo of the balance removed?

Here is a unit with the bottom intact without the pivot shoe on it. Thanks for your help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Heavy Duty Pointed Hook
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Hook

Thanks for providing these photos. To be quite honest with you, the balance you have pictured here does not appear to be the balance that was originally made for the window. If it was, it was something that was custom made and essentially, "Frankensteined", to be installed in the window. The channel you have is not one typically used for this balance set up and the hook attached to it is not made to work with the shoe you have installed. 

I also see here that you have provided two different stamps from each of these balance channels. In your initial inquiry, you confirmed that the stamp on the balance you were searching for is a 40 9 stamp; however, the stamp on the balance in the photos, just above this response, is a 4165 stamp. 

The first thing I would suggest doing is checking any other similar windows on the property to determine if they all have the same type of balance configuration installed.

All that being said, we do carry a balance that would function the same as your existing balances. I am happy to recommend it as a replacement but there are a few details I'll need to confirm before we can move forward. 

To start, I'll need to know the exact length of the channel stamped with the 40 9 as well as the channel marked with the 4165 stamp. You'll also need to confirm the exact weight of the sash.

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions you might have in the meantime.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.