Spring balance

A home owner says:

Need two spring balances

They 28 lbs

30 inches long

Number on the part is: 29TGX

Do you have something that will replace these?

Thank you

Jerry 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0510.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting Jerry. I think we can help, but we need a little more information. Can you show us pictures of any attachments, hooks, or fittings at either end of the metal channel? Can you also show us how the balances attaches to the window track? This is for a tilt window, correct? From there we'll do our best to narrow this down. 

A home owner says:
This for a tilt window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0518.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0516.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0515.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0514.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0512.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! These new photos are a huge help. Reviewing your balance configuration and attachments, I believe our S770-30 is what you want.

There are a couple of things to note before you buy anything.

First off, your stamp of "29TGX" is not common for this style balance. Since your sash weight is 28 pounds, I'd suggest going with our 30D option. which supports 24 through 29 pounds. That should be perfectly sufficient.

A stamp ending in "TGX" is more commonly seen on ribbed style channels, rather than the plain style channel that our Series 770 comes with. Looking at your photos, I'm almost positive that you have the plain style, but you should check just to be sure. The photo below shows how a plain style balance looks. If yours is different, let me know and we can look into other options for you.

The dimensions of the channel of the S770 window balance.
The dimensions of the channel of the S770 window balance.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.