Storm Window Latch, no markings or name on the storm window.

A handy person from Mansfield MA says:
No markings on the latch or storm window. I wish to find replacement latch as the window, and several others, have either broken springs or rusted springs. Therefore latches only close by manually pushing them closed. Note the spring is held in place with the indent that is circled.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Storm Window Latch.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid I'm not sure if we have an exact match for this slide bolt, but the only way to know for sure is to remove your old ones so the dimensions can be properly compared to some of our possible replacements. I've listed a couple of such replacements on this page here, and reproduced the diagrams below. Compare your old slide bolts' dimensions to these candidates, and see if you think any of these could work for you.

Alternate image for 91-140
Alternate image for 91-140
Alternate view of 91-140
Alternate view of 91-140
Alternate view of 91-140
Alternate view of 91-140
Alternate image for 91-130
Alternate image for 91-130
Alternate view of 91-130
Alternate view of 91-130
Alternate image for 91-142
Alternate image for 91-142
Alternate view of 91-142
Alternate view of 91-142
Alternate image for 91-158
Alternate image for 91-158
Dimensions for 91-158
Dimensions for 91-158

A handy person from Mansfield MA says:
Attached is a marked up photo with dimensions of my latch (removed from the storm window). It looks like the 91-158 is the closest match. Also, I measured the slot size that holds the spring and it is 1/4" wide and the spring is 1-1/2" long if the spring is uncompressed. Many latches I have on the windows are in good shape but will need springs.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I agree, our 91-158 does appear to be the closest match, though it's not identical. While I think it's worth considering I cannot guarantee that it will work. The spring designed to work with this latch is our 91-102.

The unfortunate fact of the matter is that there's a good chance we simply don't have anything that will match exactly. Storm windows in general have been dying off for decades and replacement parts are getting harder and harder to get a hold of. That's just the reality of the industry right now, unfortunately. Just something to keep in mind as you move forward on this project. Even the 91-158 is under a limited supply. Once those sell out, it won't be possible to restock them. They're just not made anymore.

How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.