Storm Window and Screen Knife Edge Latch

A handy person from Amherst, OH says:

Hi:

Hoping you can help me ? I need to replace 16 pairs of knife edge latches that are on the storm window frames and screen frames on my son's house. I can't find any markings on the parts, other than R & L.

I measured the slot in the frame to be .945 inches long by .11 inches wide. As you can see from the picture, the edge of the slot is very close to the glass, about .02 inches above the surface of the glass, or screen. The white plastic pivot plate is only on one side of the metal latch, so the metal latch is right against the glass. The plastic is either broken or missing on all latches.

Hoping you can identify a replacement ? Thanks much.

Gary

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2297.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2299.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2300.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2301.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2302.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Gary.

Thanks for reaching out to us. We don't sell a knife latch that matches what you have here. I can't promise we'll be able to supply a replacement but please allow us a little more time to look into this. We will reach out as soon as we have more information. 

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I couldn't find your screen and glass clip through any of our suppliers. We do carry latches similar to yours like the 90-227, but not with the plastic piece. We also carry the 70-056 hanger kit which can be used with the 70-004 pull ring or the 70-204 slip-on pull ring. Review the specifications for these parts along with the related videos on this page and see what you think. 

How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove screen knife latches
How to remove screen knife latches
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.