Swisco sweep with drip rail replacement

A quick learner from Mobile, Alabama says:

Hi, My shower door sweep with drip rail 23.25 inches needs replaced. I removed the two screws and the driprail remains permantly attached. Are there any additional screws that need to be removed?

When the 24 inch Swisco shower sweep arrives, how do you relace the old one ? My original shower sweep is about 20 years old and in gold color,

Thank you,

Sandra 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-6/17/2023, 6:52:05 PM.png
A quick learner from Mobile, Alabamas says:

Hi, I need to replace the shower door sweep with a dripguard replacement for a 24 inch shower door. I removed the two screws and the dripguard does not come off easily. Do I force the dripguard to come off or are there additional screws that need removed. I am so thankful I found you website. "First time showerdoor sweep with dripguard replacement apprentice" who needs help !

Thank you,

Sandra 

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hi Sandra,

Looking at the sweep shown in your photos, it does appear to use two mounting screws. I would think that if it has screws, it should be removable. Along with the screws, it might be attached with double-stick tape. I would recommend trying to gently remove it using a chisel such as the 75-026. With the chisel in place, try working it behind the sweep to see if it is able to be removed. Take your time to make sure that you don't accidentally damage the shower door.

SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO 75-026 Stiff Chisel Putty Knife
SWISCO 75-026 Stiff Chisel Putty Knife
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.