Channel Balance Question

A quick learner says:
Hi,
What is the model number for this balance?
Thanks,
Bruce
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Winged Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Shoe Depth
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Stamp
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Top Guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Short Top Guide
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for posting! There is a good chance we can supply you with the replacement balances you need. Although, I will need to see clear photos of an undamaged balance to identify the right replacement. Since the top appears to be damaged, it is difficult to confirm the right replacement. Please also confirm the stamp from the balance. It is a bit hard to see from the photo.

Your bottom shoe looks like it could be either the 1" (15-005) or the 1-3/32" (15-004). You'll need to confirm the depth measurement of your shoe to determine which of these is the shoe needed for your replacement balances.

There is a chance that it could measure 7/8". If so, please let me know as this will need to be a custom assembly.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

A quick learner says:

Hi Jasmine,

Attached are more photos of the balance. The bottom is 7/8" and the top is not damaged. I need 14 balances and all the tops look like this one. There is a screw hole on the black plastic top that gets screwed into the top of the window sash. If you don't have these tops I could possibly replace them in the new balances.

Thanks,

Bruce

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Shoe Depth
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2310 Balance Stamp
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Old Security Top Guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Old Security Balance Top
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Front of Balance

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for confirming this information. It appears you have a custom made assembly that features the 19-042 Old Security, Channel Balance Top and the 15-029 7/8" bottom shoe.

I've forwarded a link with a quote for 14 of the requested balances. You'll be able to use this link to review the quote and place the order from your online cart.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have.

A quick learner says:
Hi Jasmine,
I looked at the other balances today at the job site and found a balance that has clear markings on the balance. Attached is the photo. Also, the bottom shoe is 1 Inch and not 7/8 inch.
Here is the list of balances that I need.

2 - 1130
2 - 1730
6 - 2330
4 - 2310

Thanks,
Bruce
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2330 Stamp Balance

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for confirming this information. I've update the quote for the (14) requested balances, according to their stamps and the 1" shoe measurement.

Please let me know if there is anything else I might be able to assist with.

Have a great day!

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.