These are the rollers for my sliding screen door

A handy person from Tavares Florida says:
I've tried several primeline replacement and they are either too big, or the roller doesn't raise and lower correctly. These are the type that are sandwiched in between the bottom and side frame rails and attach via the long tab. I have since notched out the bottom of my door so I can remove and reinstall without needing to rescreen the door each time.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named roller assembly housing width
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named roller assembly housing height
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named roller assembly thickness
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named roller assembly thickness
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named roller assembly screw tab
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our 81-269 roller comes to mind. This looks similar to your old assembly. We recommend you review the specifications and compare them with yours to see how they align. 

Alternate image for 81-269
Alternate image for 81-269

This part was very close. The tang where it attaches to the door frame is too short
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named difference in tabs
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named difference in tab
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named difference in tab
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I do wonder if you could bend the screw tab "upward" to give you the height you need. That might be something to consider but please note that modified items cannot be returned for a refund.

We have the 81-299 with a similar tab but the dimensions differ from the 81-269 roller. 

Dimensions for 81-299
Dimensions for 81-299

Can you provide the dimensions for the tab length? I tried bending it up and hammering it flat, but the distance from the top of the roller to the end of the tab is too short. So it can t be screwed to the frame.

Yes; the length of the 81-299's tab is 11/16". I hope this helps. 

That looks better. Can you tell me this dimension?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240327_095443.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

That appears to be 5/16" on our roller. 

OK, that would be perfect. I'll keep that in mind. I was able to Frankenstein the roller assembly together with the old housing and it's rolling fine now. It does have enough wiggle room to still pop off the tracks though. Do yall sell replacement bottom tracks? It could need two rail sections and is about 3-4 inches wide I believe.
Thos is what the bottom rail looks like
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding glass door track rail

I'm glad to hear you were able to make it work! The only sliding glass door track we sell is the 80-106 but it doesn't appear to match your original, unfortunately. Have a look at the specifications and see if you think you could adapt this regardless.

Profile diagram of 80-106
Profile diagram of 80-106

Do you think 80-102 might work for this application? It just seems like there is too much room for the door to move up and down inside the top rail

I have a few suggestions. You could consider the 80-045 and the 80-046. Review the specifications to see if you think you could install either of these top guides on your patio door. I also recommend seeing if you can adjust the rollers to raise the door up if you haven't already. 

Another idea is that your wool pile weatherstripping may be worn and needs to be replaced. We would just need to know the written out base width and pile height to narrow down some options. You're also welcome to browse our selection here at your leisure. 

I'm not sure the 80-106 would be a good fit but we do sell a track cover, the 80-102. This may be worth considering. 

How to identify replacement weatherstripping.
How to identify replacement weatherstripping.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Track
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Track
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a sliding glass door track cover
How to install a sliding glass door track cover
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.