This is a double hung window and I think it is a Sears brand

A quick learner from Greensboro NC says:
The photo of the broken piece does not show the round metal part that the tilt part in the window slides into. There is no markings I can find. I looked online and couldn't find anything that looked like what I sent. This is a tilt in window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16996280130927132249372350195259.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1699628115454880454724538938845.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to us. This pivot shoe isn't something we sell but we do have an alternative which would be the 15-259. This part is designed to use the S159 coil springs and we also have a video that will walk you through the replacement process which I highly recommend watching. Take a look and let us know if you have any questions. 

I was going to install parts and I noticed that the window has 2 springs. Are they hooked together for the bottom window? Is that a common way for Sears windows. I didn't want to start cutting to get the spring out until I was sure. Please advise. Also, when I pulled down the top window I found it was broken and it gave out and I had to put in a piece of wood to hold it up temporarily. Is the installation of top balance the same as the bottom window? If it is different please advise. Thank you again for your help. Dean
Profile picture of Emily

It sounds like you have a double coil set up. If that's the case, the two springs are usually screwed to the side of the pivot shoe. 

The top sash follows the same principle, yes. You just want to make sure it also uses the same style of shoe as the bottom sash. 

My coil 2 springs end in a v shape and are screwed with 1 screw to the old shoe. There is no way to screw the springs to the new shoe . I think I need 2 new springs for each side. How much are they going to cost and could I just put one new spring on each side. Thanks again.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 17006790382686057433374639817142.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 17006791467955888918425059804173.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 17006792485126870842307646444636.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid your old coil springs aren't compatible with the 15-259 pivot shoe. You'll need the Series 159 specifically. 

You can certainly use one spring per side of the window. To determine the proper weights, you will want to divide the sash weight by two. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

If your springs will fit into the spring housing I would like to use yours. Only if you think it is smart. The bottom sash uses 2 springs on each side and the sash weight is 21.1lbs. I will work on the top sash after I get the bottom fixed. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks
Profile picture of Emily

With a sash weight of 21.1 pounds, you can use one S159-10 10.5-pound spring on each side of the window. This will total 21 pounds of overall support. Since you'll be using one spring per side, see the 15-255 single coil support. 

I'll be here to help if you have any other questions!

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.