Tilt window cylinder

A home owner from Jacksonville, NC says:

Hello and I'm looking for some help. Moved into a home and some of the windows have incorrect hardware. The correct cylinder part has the engagement area in the center of the cylinder. What's currently in place has the engagement area at the back end section of the cylinder. I would like to replace the part with the correct cylinder instead of replacing the pivot bar if possible. Hardware has no identification or part numbers. I have attached pictures to help assist. Thank you very and your time and expertise is greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Juan 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Cam 2
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Bar
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sticker
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Cam
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hi Juan, thank you for posting,

Unfortunately we cannot supply a pivot shoe with the same cutout in the cam that will fit your current pivot shoe. The best we can offer is changing the full balance set up and pivot bar. Please review the step by step video below that details the conversion using the 15-259 pivot shoe, Series 159 coil springs and 26-038 pivot bar. 

Let us know if you have any additional quesitons. 

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.