Tilting Vinyl Window Repair Parts

A handy person from Cherry Hill, NJ says:
I could not find identifying numbers for these windows that have broken parts. The window weighs about 15 lbs. I do not know if the replacement spring balance value for each side should be 16 lbs as listed in your web site or half that value. Also, I do not know which of the many pivot shoes is the right one for my windows. The top latch on a few windows are broke and also need replacements. The windows are in my daughter's house in Far Rockaway, NY. I removed the broken parts but cannot now locate them. She can take addition photos or measurements if you require them to help us in fixing these windows. Thanks for your assistance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230529_122101309.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230529_122126179.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230529_134648205.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230529_134737699.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230529_135338263.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. The pivot shoe resembles our 15-177. This shoe uses Series 152 Coil Balances. Be sure to confirm the exact weight of the window sash. Coil balance spring weights are cumulative. In other words, if the sash weighs 15 pounds exactly or slightly more, then you'll want to use the S152-8 8 pound springs, one on each side of the sash. This will equal 16 pounds of total support (for coil balances, being within 1 pound of the window sash weight is nominal). 

These coil balance parts are modular, meaning you only need to replace the parts that are broken. If you need new coil balance covers though, see our 15-143, 15-144 and 15-145. This is a different style from your old covers but work by 'sandwiching' around each spring. 

Finally, for the tilt latches, you might have our 26-243 and 26-244, which are very common, but you'll need to compare to the dimensions below to be sure. Let us know if anything differs, and if so, by how much.

Alternate view of 26-244
Alternate view of 26-244
Profile view of 26-244
Profile view of 26-244

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.