Triple coil balance

A quick learner says:
I need to order some triple coil balances but don't know the weight I need.
A quick learner from Indianapolis says:
Need to order some triple coil balances but don't know model or weight I need
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named norandex stickers
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! We'd be happy to help but I'm afraid the window label doesn't help us identify your hardware. Can you show us a photo of the pivot shoe removed from the window track? That will allow us to ID the coil balances.

In the meantime, you'll want to check the band of the coil spring for a stamped number. That will indicate the spring weight.

Profile picture of Emily

I couldn't cross-reference these numbers to a particular part of our inventory. Seeing the pivot shoe as requested above is the only way for us to narrow down your replacement options. 

Picture of pivot shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named installed pivot shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named installed pivot shoe
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you! The pivot shoe shown here looks like the 15-199 to me. The 1/2" Series 160 and 3/8" Series 165 are the compatible coil springs. 

The 223208 numbers don't tell us the weight calibration, however. You will have to weigh the window sash on a scale and divide the sash weight by the total number of springs in the window to determine the proper replacement spring weights. 

For 1/2" wide springs, see the 15-150T triple support. For 3/8" wide springs, see the 15-205 triple support. 

I'll be here to help if you have any questions.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.