Truth Crank Assembly - 30744D

A handy person from Valparaiso, IN says:
I have 2 windows that won't crank open. The window dimension is 32 x 44.
One crank part has a number 30744D. One of the rails has number 40942.
I've attached some pics.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Truth Casement Hardware
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Straight Arm
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Truth Hinge
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Operator Body
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator Base Length
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for posting! Your casement window operators a discontinued version of the 39-013 and 39-014 Casement Window Operators. To confirm that these are the right fit for your window, carefully review and compare the dimensions below. 

The compatible track is the 39-505 11-3/8" EntryGard Track, and crank handles are the 39-114L non-folding and 39-205 folding crank handles.

Dimensions for 39-014
Dimensions for 39-014

Additional information for 39-014
Additional information for 39-014

The hardware marked with the 30744D is the window casement hinge. Once you've replaced the operators, if the windows are still not opening and closing properly, there is a chance you'll need to replace both the top and bottom hinge. That said, this hinge is most often used with the 36-048 2-Bar Hinge, which can be used for the left and right side of the window.

To determine if this is the right fit, take a look over the dimensions. Keep in mind, there is a likelihood you may need to drill new installation holes to install them. In which case, we do recommend exercising caution, since there is a potential to drill into the glass pane or damage the frame.

Detail of 36-048
Detail of 36-048

A handy person from Valparaiso, IN says:
Thanks Jasime,

Was able to verify that the 39-014 should do it. I'll start with those and a couple of crank handles. Let you know how it goes.

Steve
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

My pleasure to assist! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions.

Have a great day!

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.