Truth Hinges - two sizes

A handy person from little rock, ar says:
I have 19 casement windows from a house built in 1984 with Truth hinges that need replacing. Ten of the windows are 24" wide and nine are 18" wide. I believe all windows have the same operator but the hinges are slightly different. I'm pretty certain the larger windows need your 10' 36-048 hinge set. However, the hinges for the smaller windows have a 9" track (vs. 10") and the screw holes are in a slightly different location. The attached pic for Living Room window is the larger hinge and the bedroom window pic is the smaller hinge. I have also attached a couple of dimensional drawings of the bedroom window hinge. Thanks for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Living window hinge.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bedroom window hinge.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bedroom hinge drawing 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bedroom hinge drawing 2.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I agree that the 36-048 set would be our best match for your hinges. Unfortunately, we do not carry a smaller option with a 10" base but the 36-048 could still work. You would need to replace both hinges for both windows and the smaller window would likely require making new installation holes. Keep in mind that you'll need to be careful not to accidentally hit the glass in the sash. Take a look at the installation video below and let us know if you have any other questions. 

A handy person from little rock, ar says:
Thank you! What do you think about trying the 36-004-10 hinge for the smaller windows? It looks like essentially the same size hinge at the 36-048 but the screw holes may line up better.

Also, can you clarify left vs right hinges. My windows are generally twin casements - with each window opening in opposite directions. For this "pair", will the 36-048 set work on both windows?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Sure, the 36-004-10 could work as well. The primary difference is that that the 36-004-10 is made of stainless steel, while the 36-048 is steel. Both sets also come with a top and bottom hinge with adjustable arms for left or right-opening windows.  

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.