Truth awning operator 30895A

A home owner from Fontana, Wisconsin says:
Is the Swisco part 39-083 a good matching replacement for Truth part 30895A ?
thanks
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. That code has been associated with both the 39-083 and 39-140 Awning Operators. You will need to measure the 'wingspan' of your old operator and compare with the diagrams below. See which matches what you have. In either case, for a new crank handle that works with these awning operators, see the 39-114L sold separately.

Dimensions for 39-083
Dimensions for 39-083
Dimensions for 39-140
Dimensions for 39-140

A home owner from Fontana, Wisconsin says:
Thanks Bob the wing span I have is 21 1/2 so I take that as a yes that 39-083 is a compatible replacement for my Truth brand 30895A operator?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The 'wingspan' of the arms is one important factor, yes. At this stage you just need to verify that the overall design of the operator is also the same. To clarify, the code itself is not enough for me to tell you confidently that the 39-083 is a match. Such codes aren't always reliable since they can be used between multiple different products. You need to go by the physical design of the part itself.

If you have any doubts, or if you aren't sure, submitting a photo of your operator would put me in a better position to judge how well our 39-083 would work.

How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.