Truth casement window lock

A home owner from Iowa says:
I broke the lock/latch while trying to lock my window. I'm wondering what part I need to replace it. I also added a photo of the item number of my operator- and according to your website, it has been discontinued and the replacement part is 39-315.
I don't even know how I would access the latch to replace the part. It looks enclosed into the wood. (Not generally handy, just a homeowner)

Thank you in advance for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5DA93B16-3CEC-40D4-90B3-302423D50066.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9AD652B1-8AF9-4A7E-8168-D47569177D32.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AFBCA8A6-6F6F-4148-BEAF-B718BAC1C2A7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F661958A-BCE7-429F-87A6-879E872C56E3.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! We're not familiar with this lock so we're not sure how to remove it. It looks like it could be one that has mounting screws that fasten behind the handle. However, I don't see any screws when you show the backside internal workings of the lock. I'm not sure but you may need to remove the locking mechanism of the lock on the inside of the window so you can expose the mounting screws. 

With that being said, you might be able to install the 38-177 and 38-178 lock and cover. However, I am not sure until you remove the lock so we can hopefully identify it. 

How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.