Trying to find replacement door handles for my patio doors

A home owner from Brooklyn NY says:
Hi, I bought a property that came with the larger sized handles in the picture above. They've never been right and keep falling out. I took them out and tried to fix them and in a moment of bad judgment stuck them together. They won't come apart and need replacing. They're done.

I ordered these from you https://www.swisco.com/Handle-Pair/pd/Replacement-Storm-Door-Handles_Locks/40-184
They're great and fit the bill except that the metal rod is too short. The measurement of the rod on that product page is exactly the distance when the two handles are connected in my original handles, so I figured it was worth a shot.

The handles I bought from you, I actually really like and would love to keep. Do you sell a rod that I could use to lengthen the handles? Or if not do you sell handles that have a longer distance between then which would work with my doors?

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageIB7RSR.gif
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear this part didn't pan out. We, unfortunately, don't have a longer spindle but we'd be happy to see if we can replace your old handle set, though I can't make any guarantees. Would it be possible for us to see some photos of your old hardware to confim? 

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.