Update and retrofit metal bifold closet door hardware

A home owner from Gainesville. Fl says:
Hi,

I have 5 pairs of bifold metal closet doors in my 1972 house that I would like to spruce up. The tracts for the sets are 71" , 59" , and 47" (x3) in length. I'm wondering:
(1) do you carry replacement tracts of this style and in these lengths, or something similar?
(2) do you carry replacement spring loaded pivot and sliding pins of this style for upper and lower tracts? The pins are about 5" in height.
(3) is there a way to retrofit these metal doors so that they do not use a full bottom tract, but just a pivot bracket on the corners like modern wooden bifold doors? What hardware could accomplish this?

Thanks!
Ryan
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Ryan. It looks like you have the old style Slimfold bi-fold doors. We offer a newer style of the hardware that is interchangeable with what you have. Start with taking a look at the 21-402, 21-403, or 21-404 track, depending on the length you need. We offer them in different lengths depending on the length you need. From there, see if our 21-001 bottom threaded pivot pins and 21-007 guide pins are a match for yours. Lastly, for the rubber stopper, consider the 21-277. I also recommend taking a look at the video below on the replacement of the pins. 

A home owner from Gainesville. Fl says:
Thanks so much, Paul! I'll check to see if these products will fit our doors.

One last question - do you know if it is possible to operate bi-fold metal doors without the bottom track? It seems that modern wooden bi-fold doors just use this (attached image) bottom pivot pin and bracket without a guide pin or track. Is there something comparable to that for metal doors? Or does the weight of the metal doors prohibit that? Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named closet-pin.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

If you'd like to use the set up you suggested, then you may want to try the 23-303 jamb bracket with the 21-003 threaded pin. Let me know if you think this could work for you. 

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.