Ventarama domed skylight

A home owner from honolulu, Hawaii says:
Hello, I have a Ventarama domed skylight which has a splined hook attached to the skylight side rather than the pole side to open and close the skylight.
It looks very similar to your 39-214 metal hook. The best/closest measurement I can get for the spline is 10/32" Do you have a listing for a "Ventarama" hook, or do you think the 39-214 will work? The skylight was installed about 30 years ago.
Thank You,
Gilbert
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the Ventarama brand and am unsure whether or not the 39-214 would work. I'd be happy to look into it for you but I would need photos of the operator itself, as well as the handle it currently uses. Please also measure the diameter of the hole in the handle and tell me what you get.

Thank you!

A handy person from Boston says:
I also have a Ventara Skylight. Mine has a hand crank. That is a little strange since the skylight is about 8 feet above the floor. I am adept at adapting, however. I plan to remove the crank handle and replace it with your 39-247 closed ring. Then add use the 39-214 on a turning pole. I have the capability to "re-machine" the parts and pin them if the original fit is not compatible with the existing parts. Do you sell a pole. Any comments or suggestions?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Your plan sounds perfectly logical, and it's something I see done a lot. Unfortunately we do not sell replacement poles for skylight operators. My recommendation would be to contact a local hardware store who sells skylight hardware.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.