Vetter sliding glass patioDoor

A handy person from Avon,co says:
Mfg & installed 2004. Do not have model no
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Which parts do you need for this sliding door? Can you show us close-up photos of each individual part that you want to replace?
A quick learner from Illinois says:

Hi Tom, or current Swisco team member. I hope you and yours are doing great! Knowing Vetter has been out of business for many years, I was quite happy to see a question regarding them on your website, which coincidentally us the SAME issue I need help with on our Vetter Sliding Glass Doors. Granted it was 6 years ago since the question was asked, but I'd sure appreciate your counsel on our situation. Based on your comment on 2017, I have included close up pictures of the 2 parts I need, and hope are available. One is a biege T shaped plastic or vinyl piece. One end slides into a slot in what I'll call the door frame. The second piece is a grey / white piece, and the grey part is fuzzy like a soft brush. Any chance you have these parts for sale? If so what lengths? Thank you for your time and reply. Have a great day! Rich in Illinois

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9470.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9468.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like your door has a type of wool pile weatherstripping. You would need to remove a piece of yours from the door to compare the backing width and pile height to our selection of replacement options here

We would also need to see an end profile photo of the second seal uninstalled to determine if we carry a possible replacement. Thank you! 

A quick learner from Illinois says:
THANK YOU, Casey. If things go how I like I will have that info by this time next week. My court!

Rich
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.