Vinyl window weatger stripping replacement parts

A contractor from New York says:
Hi. I'm a contractor in Rockland County New York and have many customers that have been asking about replacing weather stripping and other parts for their vinyl windows. I came across your website and looks like you guys help identify and supply these parts. This particular house is my personal house and thought it would be good to start on my house and if it works out can do the same for my Customers. I havea total of 15 double hung vinyl windows that I would like to replace the Weatherstripping and 3 windows that don't stay open. If you can please assist in this I would greatly appreciate it. Looking forward to working with you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231126_173232.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231126_173704.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231126_173805.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231126_172338.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231126_172223.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! Your weather stripping looks very similar to our 58-180, but this is a stick-on foam seal. Take a look over the dimensions and design to determine if this might be a fit. This is the closest match we have to your existing weather strip.

Profile view of 58-180
Profile view of 58-180

The issue with the windows not staying open is likely because the spiral balances need to be replaced. To identify the correct replacements for your existing balances, you'll need to remove them from the sash and confirm a few measurements. Take a look at the video below for an idea on how to remove them.

Please also be aware, if you are looking to replace the pivot shoe or the pivot bar, I'll need to see photos of those as well. The shoe is what helps to guide the internal spring in the spiral balance tube in the window channel. The pivot bar is attached to the bottom of the shoe and attaches to the pivot shoe. This bar connects the sash to the pivot shoe.

I've attached a few more videos to this thread that explains the information needed to identify the balances, how to remove the pivot shoe from the window, and how to remove the pivot bar.

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions you may have.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.