Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance bottom (2).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance top.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named stamped number.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named hook.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named roller.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hey there!

Your balance appears to match our S380-37 or S385-37 depending on the depth of the bottom fitting. Measure as shown in the image below to determine which Series you'll need for this repair. 

The 3635 stamp on your balance's metal channel is a bit odd, however. It doesn't match our strength options so you will need to weigh your sash on a scale and refer to the chart under the product description on the S380-37 and S385-37 store pages. 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

A quick learner from ORMOND BEACH FL says:
Is it possible the balance shoe width could be 7/8 of an inch instead of 1 inch?
Profile picture of Emily

It's possible, yes. We don't sell a stock balance with a 7/8" deep bottom fitting but we can still help via custom order. If that sounds good to you, let me know how many balances you're looking to order and I can email you a purchase link. 

Please note, we'll need the exact weight of your window sash to determine the proper calibration for your replacements. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE. CHANNEL BALANCE WEIGHT WAS 1 POUND EXACTLY. I NEED SIX AT THIS SIZE. AFTER MAKING CERTAIN THIS WORKS FOR THESE 3 WINDOWS I HAVE 12 MORE WINDOWS OF VARYING SIZES TO COMPLETE. I PLAN TO DO EACH INDIVIDUAL SIZE BALANCE AT THE SAME TIME.
Profile picture of Emily

I'm sorry but we actually need the weight of the window sash, not the channel balance. The window sash is the glass panel that moves up and down. 

SORRY, TOO STUPID. WILL GET BACK TOMORROW WITH THE WEIGHT. THANKS
THE WEIGHT OF THE WINDOW SASH, NOT THE BALANCE, 28 POUNDS. HOPE THAT HELPS. THANKS
Profile picture of Emily

It does help, yes! What I'll do now is email you an order link for (6) 37" long balances with the 19-005 top, 15-029 bottom, and 3640 stamp. A pair of balances with this stamp will carry a sash weighing 23 to 30 pounds. 

If you have any questions just let me know! 

I HAVE RECEIVED MY ORDER. REPLACED THE BALANCERS ON BOTH SIDES AND REPLACED THE WINDOW SASH. WHEN I PULL DOWN ON THE WINDOW ONLY ONE SIDE CATCHES THE TOP OF THE BALANCE. THE OTHER SIDE SLIDE BY LEAVING THE BALANCE STILL AGAINST THE STOP CLIP. APPEARS THERE SHOULD BE A NYLON CAP ON THE SASH TO PULL THE TOP OF THE BALANCE DOWN. CAN YOU ADVISE
Profile picture of Emily

it sounds like you may be missing a top sash guide on one side of the window. Can you remove an undamaged version from the sash and show us some photos? In the meantime, you can find our full selection here

A quick learner says:
WHAT DOES THE SASH GUIDE LOOK LIKE
Profile picture of Emily

There are various different designs and styles of top sash guides so I'm not sure what yours may look like. If you click on this link here, you will be taken to our selection and can use them as a reference for what yours might look like. 

A quick learner says:
HERE ARE PICTURES OF THE TOP OF THE SASH
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SASH 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SASH 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SASH 2.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

I can't identify your top sash guide when it's still installed, unfortunately. I would need to see "mugshot" photos of an undamaged version removed from the sash. 

A quick learner says:
PICTURES OF SASH GUIDE.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SASH GUIDE 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SASH GUIDE 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SASH GUIDE 1.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Perfect, thank you! Our 18-161 looks like a great match for what you have here. Look over the specifications and see if you agree. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.