Willmar (Jeld-wen) Double hung window

Quick Learner from St. Cloud, MN
Sep 23, 2018 10:55 am
THe "cam" that the window locks into has broken on one side (in 2 seperate windows). I am looking for replacement part to match. Jeld-wen has of course discontinued this model.

Thank you,

Randy
5 Replies
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Sep 28, 2018 10:54 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Greetings, Randy. With only seeing this part still installed and no measurements to go off of, we can not be definitive with our recommendation. However, we'd still like for you to start with taking a look at our 15-175 pivot shoe. Look over all the specifications to see if this will work in place of your part. These are used with the Series 152 coil springs. We also placed some helpful media guides on this page for you to look over. 

Handy Person from St. Cloud, MN
May 16, 2019 4:53 pm
Sorry I did not get back to you. I left the project alone while addressing some health issues. Spring is here and time to open the windows again.

I looked closer at the window and it is a spiral spring. The pivot shoe appears to be 2.5" tall/ 1" wide/ 5/8" deep.

Another one has broken now!
20190516_153933
1 user uploaded images
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
May 17, 2019 7:15 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Welcome back! When it comes to pivot shoes, you want to make sure you have the accurate measurements. This is not something you want to guess on. The most crucial measurements are the width, height, and thickness. That said, start with taking a look at our 15-188. See if that helps. It also appears you are currently using a spiral balance system that's close to our Series 600. You may want to consider purchasing our 75-006 charging tool to help with attaching the balance to the pivot shoe. Look everything over and let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Handy Person from St. Cloud, MN
May 29, 2019 5:10 pm
I have removed one of the pivots.

The unit is 2.5 inches tall/1.25 inches wide/.5 inches deep.

2 1/2 x 1 1/4 x 1/2 all in inches.

I have attached a picture of the pivot shoe for your review.

Your prompt response would be appreciated as I now have the window disassembled.

Thank you!
20190529_160010[1]
1 user uploaded images
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
May 30, 2019 7:36 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for replying back with additional information. After reviewing everything, I still believe our 15-188 could work as a replacement. Review our measurements and see if this could work.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts