Window Balance Block and Tackle Identification Help

A quick learner says:

I tried using your online inquiry twice but keep getting failure notices, so I am trying this method.

I have 2 33" Window Balances that are broken.

I removed one to measure. Can you please assist me in proper identification?

Stamped # is 32DS42. The window balance is 33" long with a 1-1/8" shoe measurement. All information on the internet is pushing me towards a 32" window balance size. The window is about 5-6' tall and about 3' wide and very heavy.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231004_161907.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231005_145727.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231005_145732.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231005_145847.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231005_145807.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us. If the metal channel is measuring 33" long then you would want a 33" long balance. It's hard to say from these photos but it looks like your top fitting is winged; please correct me if I'm wrong. If it is indeed winged. I recommend the S395-33 channel balance.

Your 32DS42 stamp is heavy-duty duty and the last number indicates the sash weight. With that in mind, the 3270 or 3275 stamp option ought to work. For example, a pair of balances with the 3270 stamp will support a sash weighing 39 to 42 pounds and a pair of balances with the 3275 stamp will support a sash weighing 42 to 45 pounds. However, I suggest you weigh the sash on a scale to ensure it doesn't round up or down since these types of heavy-duty stamps aren't always accurate.

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.