Window Coil Balance

A home owner from Minnesota says:
Hello, I am trying to find a piece for my coil balance for my window. It is the white part in the pictures that is about 3" long and 1.25" wide. My coil appears to be a series 160 - 10LBS and my mount bracket appears to be part 16-033. I am looking for the white slider piece that attaches to those. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Inverted Coil Asslembly
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Assembly
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Thanks for writing in! We do not carry an exact replacement match for your existing support but our 15-251 Inverted Universal Single Support should work well as a suitable replacement. Take a look over the dimensions below to confirm this will be a fit.

This support is compatible with the Series 160 Coil Balance, as you mentioned. Assuming you are in need of a 10lb coil balance, I suggest using the S160-10.

Measurements of 15-251
Measurements of 15-251

When assembling the inverted universal support, the coil rests in the support (in your case the 15-251). Then the coil would extend to the top of the jamb to hook onto the 16-032 Mounting Clip, which is designed to take the "T" shaped tab on the Series 160 Coil balance.

You will need to replace both of the assemblies in the window to ensure the window continues to functions properly.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.