Window Crank Mechanism

A quick learner from Colorado says:
Not sure of the window nor opening mechanism manufacturer but I need a replacement for the attached pictures.

Thank you,
Aaron
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2023-08-03-15-11-08-024.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2023-08-03-12-47-11-101.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your operator assembly reminds me of the 39-387. We also offer the opposite-handed version, the 39-388. Review the diagram below and see if the specifications match up to yours. For a compatible crank handle, see the 39-114L. Thanks for posting! 

Dimensions for 39-387
Dimensions for 39-387

Thank you for your help. I don't believe that is the correct item. The one that I need has two "arms" and the one you suggested only has one. I have attached additional pictures that might be helpful and it looks like the manufacture of the assembly is Wright. The pictures also have some numbers on the arms.

Thank you,
Aaron
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1921.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1920.jpg
Okay, I get it now - it's two different parts. I believe you are correct in the part but I also need the lower arm, part number 6596p. Would that be correct?

Thank you,
Aaron
Profile picture of Casey

The bottom part is actually the hinge that anchors the window sash to the frame. We do offer the 36-048 hinges set with a 10" base, which is a rather versatile replacement option. Just keep in mind that you would need to replace the top and bottom hinges at the same time. 

Detail of 36-048
Detail of 36-048

Additional dimensions for 36-048
Additional dimensions for 36-048

So it sounds like I need three parts then; 39-387, 36-048, and a top hinge? Do you have the part number for the top hinge?

Thank you,
Aaron
Profile picture of Casey

The 36-048 comes with two hinges, one for the top and one for the bottom of the sash. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Great, thanks for your help. I'm still a bit confused on all the parts I need to order so if you could let me know them, I'll go ahead and place my order.
Profile picture of Casey

So far we've discussed the 39-387 and 39-388 operators, which use the 39-114L handle, as well as the 36-048 hinge set. If there are other parts that you think need to be replaced for your window to function properly, just let us know and we can go from there. Keep in mind that you only need to replace the parts that are damaged or broken, which we can't determine without being there to troubleshoot the window. 

I'll order everything but the 39-388, thank you for your help. It looks like there is a helpful video above as well.

Thanks,
Aaron
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.