Window Double Balance Coil and Cover Replacement 2 of 2 MK

A friend says:

Hi, I need help identifying parts to replace the constant balance double coil in my vinyl windows. I can't remember who made the windows, but I think it's either Simonton or Certainteed or some other manufacturer in Richmond, California that's no longer in business.

I took a few pictures of the labels on the various double hung windows that are exactly the same size. The only difference is one window is frosted glass and the other six are regular glass w/a UV coating.

I think the #'s on the coils coil # 3.5 35" pat5232208 and 4.5 35" pat523208 on the smaller windows The coil# on the larger is 6.5 35" PAT523208 and the 3.5 35" on the 2nd coil. The 1st # on one of the springs is rubbed off. 

I need to replace several of the coil supports and shoes. I see you have heavy duty shoes and I wonder if they're better than the standard one. Also are there better coils? The coils are what has broken in the more heavily used windows. 

I have 6 windows that are exactly the same size and the bathroom window with frosted glass. 

The smaller windows needs 4 balance double coils and the coil covers. These weigh 14 pounds per sash.

The larger windows need 8 balance double coils and 4 covers. These weigh 21.5 pounds per sash. I need to new covers for this larger window sash that weighs 21.5#'s. Sending the photos as you requested. Sending a 2nd set of photos in a 2nd email.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named back of pivot shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named coil spring tongue
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named coil spring tongue
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

Your shoe looks like the 15-111 but you can use the 15-191. They're more or less the same part, the 15-191 is just made of a somewhat more durable material. We don't have "heavy-duty" springs but the compatible springs are the Series 160.

For the 14-pound sash, you can use two S160-03 3.5-pound springs on both sides of the window. This totals 7 pounds of support on each side which equals 14 pounds of overall support. 

For the 21.5-pound sash, you can use two S160-05 5.5-pound springs on both sides of the window. This totals 11 pounds of support on each side which equals 22 pounds of overall support.

You will also need the 15-150D double spring support. Let me know if you have any questions!

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.