Window Lock

A home owner from florida says:
hi
i lost a window latch/lock. looks like rusco window lock on your list can work for this case (see pictures). i don't have the original screw for the lock. do you sell the screw or know where can i get it? i searched your website but it didn't come up
thank you so much for your help
Mary
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F2DA0449-CD64-4240-AD0B-06E3CFE91A73.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 72BBF0C3-D846-480B-A96D-675D7AEE0A66.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C36FD8D3-F977-418C-91BC-680C28A48112.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Mary.

Your lock looks like the 90-028 to me. This part measures 1-1/2" on the installation hole centers. Take a look at the specifications and see how they compare with yours. As for the screws, a local hardware store should be able to match up the appropriate one for you. 

Detail of 90-028
Detail of 90-028

thank you so much Emily
can you tell me the screw size so i can ask at my local hardware store
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

The 90-028 lock uses a flat head screw like the 33-011. However, it would be best to take one of your original screws to the hardware store with you. That way you can get the proper diameter (#6 or #8 size) and the length of the screw. The length is especially important. You don't want to be screwing into the glass at the top of the sash frame.

wow
thank you so much for your prompt response Dave
have a great day
Mary
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.