Window Operator Replacement?

A home owner from Hollywood, Florida says:
The subject operator is depicted in the attached photos with the handle removed and sitting beside it on the windowsill. These are awning style windows from a house built in Broward Count, Florida in 1968. I noticed the window was slightly ajar and when I went to close it, the screw mechanism that the handle fits onto came out completely and will not fit back inside the operator to close the window. There are metal shavings inside the receptacle where it is supposed to go. I do not see any model number, branding, or other such markings. Please let me know if you can identify this piece of hardware and if simply replacing the operator will solve the issue. Pease let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you,
Josh
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Josh. I think the operator may be all you need. Can you remove it from the window to show us the internal arms and any gears? Those details will influence which recommendation we make.

A home owner from Hollywood, Florida says:
Please see the attached photos below.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! Take a look at our 39-277  and 39-278 to start out. These look similar to what you have, but I'm not sure about the size of the hole at the end of your arm. That same hole is 3/8" on ours. If yours is smaller, let me know and we can try to find something better. Make sure to review our other dimensions to confirm that they all match up, too.

A quick learner says:
I have what I believe is the original awning-style window handle from a house built in 1968 in Hollywood, Florida. The handle comes off of the handle assembly and will no longer properly close, or secure closed, the window. Please find attached various images taken with it installed and uninstalled. I did not find any clean identifiable marking on the handle aside from a "K" and what appears to be the letters "Ac," with a strikethrough inside of a trapezoid (image no. 5430). Please let me know if you can identify this handle assembly and have a replacement available.

Thank you,
Josh
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crank
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crank side
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Handle
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Damaged installation holes
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crank installed
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like you are showing the same window crank from your 2018 post shown above. If so, see the 39-277 and 39-278 that Tom mentioned din his last response. The determining factor will be how the dimensions below compare to yours. 

Dimensions for 39-278
Dimensions for 39-278

A home owner from Hollywood, FL says:
Thank you. Please see additional images of the distance (>1") between the two bottom mounting holes and the hole on the end of the operator arm (~1/4"). Do you have any other suggestions?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hole spacing
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Link arm
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hole diameter
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. We've related three crank sets on this page with 1-1/2" spacing between the bottom mounting holes. Take a look and see if one of them matches your specifications. The 39-061 would be a good place to start since it has a 1/4" diameter 20 thread hole in the link arm. Take a look and see what you think. 

Alternate view of 39-061
Alternate view of 39-061

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.