Window Parts needed

A quick learner from Oregon says:

I have 4 double hung windows where the balance falls out when the window is opened or closed. I have attached photos. The length of the rod is 19 and 1/4 inches. I also need 4 take-out clips. The original ones are plastic and the edge that is to hold the balance for window removal has cracked off so that they no longer catch the balance.

Susan

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Winged Balance Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Winged Bottom Guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 19 3 Balance Stamp
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Winged Top Guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Winged Balance Top
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! The channel balance you have is an Extended-Travel Channel Balance which will need to be a custom made assembly. There may be a chance that we may be able to supply you with a replacement for your existing balances. Before I can confirm, can you please double check the length of the metal channel? It should be 19-7/8", a hair under 20".

Also, may I please see a photo of your existing take out clips?

A quick learner from Oregon says:
Hi Jasmine, I measured again. The metal channel is 19 and 3/8". It is just not that extra 1/2". To be honest, the channel looks to be in great shape. The plastic ends are not broken or excessively worn. What seems to happen is that the channel falls out of the window itself. It seems that is nothing on the edge of the window that catches and holds the channel in place such that the window is "wiggly" in its frame. I have attached 4 photos: the take-out clip, the window frame showing the holes for the take-out clip and the cable hook, the closed window showing the top of the channel that is not hooked into anything so that when you raise/lower the window, it falls out, and the edge of the window showing the top where the channel should be catching so that it stays in the window. I appreciate any help you can offer.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Take Out Clip
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top Sash Guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Channel Holes
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0358.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

The clip at the bottom of the balance is what is supposed to anchor the balance to the window channel, it installs into the square shape hole. Chances are this is not connected to the window channel properly so this may be why it is falling out.

If they are in good, working condition, you may not need to replace the balances. Ultimately, you'll need to make the decision on whether or not you will be replacing them. You should be aware that our replacements will have a length of 19-7/8".

You top sash guides to not appear to show any damage but they can be replaced with our 18-008H. Carefully review the dimension to confirm that this is the right replacement.

Dimenisons for 18-008H
Dimenisons for 18-008H

Alternate view of 18-008H
Alternate view of 18-008H

In regard to the take put clips, your exact clip is no longer made but our 16-035A Take Out Clip should work well as a replacement. Take a look over the dimensions to confirm.

Dimensions for 16-035A
Dimensions for 16-035A

Additional dimensions for 16-035A
Additional dimensions for 16-035A

How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.