Window Sash Lock

A handy person from Florida says:

I have a Sliding screen door across the opening of my garage. The door panels use what appears to be a window sash lock to "seal" the panels. I need to replace one of those locks. The lock appears to be similar to the TRACO "Sweep and Sash lock" Model 50-603W. However, that the footprint of that unit is about 0.25" wider that the door panel frame. Do you have an appropriate suggestion?

Thank You

Gary 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we would need to see photos of the original lock to determine if we carry anything similar. We would also need you to write out the distance between the installation hole centers to narrow down your options further. Thank you! 

Thank you for the quick response. Please find attached more photos that you probably (hopefully) need. Also please find attached some dimensional drawings that may be useful. Be advised that the Latch and keeper appear to be fabricated from a nylon or plastic material as opposed to a metal.

Please advise if you need any further information or clarifications
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230406_140111.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230406_140237.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230412_131420.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230412_131547.jpg
More Photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230412_162652.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230412_162653.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230412_131733.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230412_162401.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230412_162450.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. We have come across a sash lock and keeper similar to yours and determined that the 90-009 lock and 90-109 keeper would be our best replacement options. Review the specifications below to determine if you could adapt these parts to work for your repair. Thank you! 

Alternate image for 90-009
Alternate image for 90-009

Latch thickness of 90-009 Window Lock.
Latch thickness of 90-009 Window Lock.

90-009 Window Lock Underside View
90-009 Window Lock Underside View

Detail of 90-109 in chrome
Detail of 90-109 in chrome

Thank you for getting back to me. These parts appear to be workable. Where might I find more detailed drawings (more dimensions? As a minimum will I need both the keeper and latch? Is there a minimum purchase amount or order? What about shipping cost?

Thank You

Gary 

Profile picture of Casey

We included all of the measurements from our product pages in our previous response. Are there other specific dimensions that you're looking for? 

Also, the lock and keeper work together to secure the door. I'm not sure if you would be able to use our lock with the original keeper, or vice versa. We do not have a minimum order on our website, so you are welcome to order one of each to try out. You will be given multiple shipping options and deliver estimates to choose from at checkout. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.