Window Sash - Pella

A quick learner from Indiana says:

HI,

Not sure how old these windows are but both sash are broke. I had purchased 90-300 which looks very similar but the piece that goes between frame is too wide. I don't have a good pic of what it latches onto the window. If you need more info I can get it. Appreciate any help you have. Thanks, Mary 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0659.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0661.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0663.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0664.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Mary. 

I agree that our 90-300 lock is similar but its hole backset is off from yours so it won't work regardless of the keeper style. 

I believe your lock's backset is 11/16". If I'm right, then the only two locks we sell that will replace this is the 90-274 (2-1/4" hole center spacing) and 90-278 (2-1/16" hole center spacing). You'll need to verify the hole center spacing on your old lock to determine which is the best match. 

We'd be happy to help with the keeper but we would need to see a clear photo of what you have. Detailed measurements, as well as the hole center spacing, are also a huge help. 

Thank you for responding. I have added 2 more pics. The backset actually goes down in between
trim of top window. Then you have the 2 screw holes to set it. It is a Pella.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-0717.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-0718.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

The backset is actually the measurement from the center of the installation hole to the top edge of the lock. The image below shows what I mean. The 11/16" measurement would be the backset on this lock. My apologies, I should've been more clear! 

Dimensions for 90-278
Dimensions for 90-278

As for the keeper, I recommend taking a look at our 90-257. Look over the dimensions and compare them with your old one to see how they match up. 

I think 90-257 will do the trick. Thank you so much for your help.
Profile picture of Emily

My pleasure. Let me know if I can be of further assistance and best of luck with your repair!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.