Window balancers for series 200 SH window

A home owner from Everett says:
I'm currently trying to replace two window balancers from vandalism with a previous occupant of my property. The manufacturer from what I can tell online is Anderson but the only mark on the sticker says series: 200sh.

Are these windows Anderson?
Can I replace the window balancer if they cut the cord that connects the balancer internally to the string on the terminal clip?
Are there internal balancers for this model of window?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. We've associated this window with a number of different balances; in a lot of cases, going by manufacturing information isn't always a great way of identifying the right balance replacement, since these parts vary so much independent of the brand. Fortunately we can help, but we need you to send us pictures of the existing hardware, along with measurements, to narrow down your options. What we'll need depends on the general kind of balance you have. This blog article here goes into detail. We'll do our best to help from there. 

These are the balances I found on my other window. The sash on the window with the missing balances is 21 1/2" H x 25 1/4" W. I also need a track hook to catch the balance on the frame when removing.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2171.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2170.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2169.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks! I recognize this balance. what you have here is a special "extended travel" type assembly, named for its unique block and tackle system. These are not used on any Andersen windows to my knowledge but are popular on Milgard, as well as many other brands.

We do sell these but they have to be custom ordered. Your photos give me quite a bit of information, too, but one important detail is still obscured: the metal hook at the end of the cord. Is that something you can show me? It may seem like a small detail but there are several alternative designs and none of them are interchangeable.

Can you also tell me how many you wanted to buy? 

Once I have that information, I'll email you a purchase link and price quote that you can use to place an order on our site.

Here is the clip. Also, can you include a part for the hook that catches the balancer since it snapped the end off it on the damaged window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2174.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Perfect, thanks! I still just need to know how many you wanted to buy. Quantity has to be set by us ahead of time since this is a custom order, so I will require a count before we proceed. The minimum quantity is 2.

As for the hook you're talking about, it sounds like the take out clip. See our 16-035A. This may be what you need but you might want to remove the original to verify. I've also provided dimensions below.

Dimensions for 16-035A
Dimensions for 16-035A

Additional dimensions for 16-035A
Additional dimensions for 16-035A

Yes. The takeout clip is the correct one. I will need 2 balancers.
Profile picture of Bob

Awesome. That's everything, then. What I'll do now is email you our purchase link and price quote. You may use that to place an order on our site as normal.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks for the quote but after researching this a bit more it seems I will need a different size. The window with the missing balancers is 21 1/2" high and the balancer I sent a photo of was for a window that is 26 1/2" high. I will need a balancer that is 5" shorter than the one I sent in the photo but rated for a 35 lb window.
Profile picture of Bob

Gotcha, I understand. Sorry for the confusion.

So, if the balance for the larger window was 21-5/8" long, and you need something 5" shorter, then we're looking at a 16-5/8" balance. The problem is that 35 pounds is extraordinarily heavy for that size. I'd have to check to see if that's even an option.

While I do that, can you verify those sizes? It might be more accurate if you were to give me the height of the visible glass for each case, not the overall size of the sash. Visible glass is how these are generally measured in the industry since the sash frame itself can vary. It offers much more accurate representation of the balance size needed.

Can you also triple check that sash weight to confirm that it's 35 pounds? I have to stress that this is very, very heavy for a 16-5/8" long balance.

Sure. That makes sense. Yes, the larger window was the one that I took photos of the balancer since the one I'm fixing had both completely missing. The visible glass of the window I'm fixing is 17 15/16" H x 21 5/8" W. You're right my weight was off. I put the sash on a scale and it was 12.6 lbs. I triple measured the window size to ensure it was correct. I didn't realize there were all these factors to account for with the request so hopefully we have them dialed in now.
Profile picture of Bob

That is a huge help, thank you! With a visible glass height of 17-15/16", I actually think the 18-5/8" balance length is better suited for your window. I would also use the 18-3 stamp, which carries 11 through 13 pounds. That should be perfect for your 12.6 pound sash.

What I'll do now is email you another purchase link and price quote for two balances made with this configuration. They'll have the same design as the balance in your photos.

Great! Thank you for the assistance.
Profile picture of Bob

You're welcome! Please let me know if you had any other questions.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.