Window broken

A handy person from Wildwood nj says:
The window size is 28 wide by 29 high. The coil and pin broke. There is no marking on the coil to tell me what weight it is.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 70682489041__92000AE7-844F-4F15-B57D-EFA329F72386.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 70682487434__F115D82C-3887-4504-9FE7-50517408947A.
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our 15-180 pivot shoe appears to match what you have here. This is designed to work with the Series 190 coil springs and 15-181 double support clip. Look over the specifications and see what you think.

We can help determine the proper coil weights but we will need you to weigh the window sash on a scale and get back to us with the precise weight. 

As for the pivot bar, may we see an undamaged version removed from the sash? 

When I weigh the window do I divide the number in two to get the correct weight for the coil.
Profile picture of Emily

Correct. You would want to divide the sash weight by the total number of springs in the window. 

The other question, how to determine left or right of the window. Is it when you look out the window or by looking in
Profile picture of Emily

I'm not sure I understand. These parts are non-handed so they can work on either side of the window. 

The window weight is 21 lb what s140 would I need and the pin is 2 1/2 long. Tried to send picture of good pin but it won't go though.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0518.jpeg
Got the picture to go through
Profile picture of Emily

We don't recommend converting to the Series 140. As a policy, we always recommend sticking with the original hardware that your window was designed to use. 

With a 21-pound sash, you can use (2) S190-540 5-pound springs on both sides of the window which will total 20 pounds of overall support. This setup should work for you so long as the coil weights are within a pound of your sash's weight. We don't sell this exact pivot bar but our 26-378 is similar. Take a look at the dimensions and see how they compare with yours.

The coil is not the problem it's the whole mechanism is broken I need the whole part not individual parts. From the catalog on the internet s140 is what I need.
Profile picture of Emily

The Series 140 is compatible with a handful of pivot bars. You can start by taking a look at the 26-398, 26-405, and 26-454 but you will have to review the specifications for each to see if at least one of the hole placements aligns with your old pivot bar. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.