Window channel

A quick learner from California says:
Help , my windows won't stay up and nobody can help me because the window are very heavy. This is what came out of the window. Do you have something that can replace the existing ones.
Thank you in advance for your time.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 86 21-4 CMC
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B66326ED-1837-4208-9952-E52868E3FB2A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AC257CAD-F9E1-41D4-B731-4D018364CFD6.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We can supply your replacement balances but it will need to be a custom order due to the 86 stamp code on your balance channel. To get started, we'll need to confirm if you have the S351-22, with a 15-002 bottom attachment, or S390-22, with a 15-001 bottom attachment. We'll also need to know the number of balances that you need, with the minimum being two. Thank you!

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

Good morning where do I find the Bottom #
It's 2 windows this size so it's 4 total one for for each side ir do they come in sets of 2 per windows meaning I would need 2 sets.
Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C60FA3D1-75B6-42D5-8BFE-ACA5428C639A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 783DFFAC-C3CE-4280-8841-2478DB8A1B49.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F3E1214D-04A8-447B-87C1-3C0354475DA8.jpeg
It looks like 1 inch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FE05582D-2047-4657-B828-D7B5CD94750C.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. We just sent over an order link and price quote for the balances you requested. Keep in mind that these balances are sold individually rather than in pairs. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

I have another window that needs 2 that is 34 3/4 from top of the window to the bottom
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1568E5AE-DFB1-400E-9C96-7E6D8ECE29E4.jpeg
I think I should try 2 instead of 4 so that we make sure they fit. I Can then order the rest of them after. Thank you so much for all your help. I was not able to adjust the cart on the 4 to 2 for the order. I can order the second window size now if possible
Thanks
Profile picture of Casey

No problem, we just sent over an updated link for two balances. As for the other balances you need, we'd be happy to help but we would need to confirm the stamp code and metal channel length of those balances. It is also a good idea to confirm that the top and bottom fittings match the balance shown in your original photos.

I'm not quite sure if you received my message... I don't have the old channel is it possible to go off the first one on the weight but change the length to accommodate this other window?
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for clarifying. Unfortunately, this is a bit of a messy situation since your balances are custom and we can't guarantee an exact match without seeing the original balances. If you want to use the same balance configuration shown in your original photos, we would need to know the exact weight of the sash in your window that is missing the balance to research the spring strength needed to support it. We would also need to know the height of the visible glass in the sash, not including the frame, which we should be able to use to calculate the length. 

Ok I will see what I can do and get back to you..
thank you
I have two windows like this so I took out the others. Yay

Does this help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1515DS BSI
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3F1A4E49-9D5F-45C6-8DF5-AA9ABE66569E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 337BFF65-DA91-48C1-A24C-D99EE647FDC9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2C59BFDE-612A-42E6-A2C5-DA1C0FA6C48A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 02F1AB71-71A6-40A6-8EC1-02F6163CDE6F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 09A3C656-2A64-4A39-96F6-6964953A9A91.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Great, your new balance actually resembles the S350 shown below. You'll need to confirm the length of your metal channel, not including the end fittings, which I suspect would be 16". If so, you'll need the S350-16. You'll also need to weigh your sash to determine which strength option you'll need. There is a chart on the product page that explains how to choose your option based on the sash weight. 

Close up view of the S350 balance top.
Close up view of the S350 balance top.

Close up view of the S350 balance shoe.
Close up view of the S350 balance shoe.

Yes it's 16 inches
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5C5FB0B5-0B91-444D-AFF5-DECB1FEADD24.jpeg
It is the 350 and the sash 20 pds
I would need 4
Profile picture of Casey

We can supply your replacement balances but it will need to be a custom order due to the weight of your window sash, which will require a 1565 strength option to support between 20-23 Ibs. We just sent over a price quote for you to review. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.