Window channel balance and t lock pivot shoe

A home owner from Chicago says:

Hello,I've recently replaced the bottom part of my window.I noticed the new window is way more heavier than the old one. A new tempered glass was installed.The existing channel balances were not in a working condition previously.The old window didn't work for a long period of time because I think that the t lock pivot shoes are broken.

Going forward do I buy the same channel balance to replace the old one or I buy new channel balances that fits/pairs with the new weight of the window. The old channel balance is 28C BSI AND ITS 28 Inch long. I'm assuming if I buy new/deferent style channel balances I need to buy a deferent T lock pivot shoe as well. Thank you so much and I'm looking forward for your advice. Have a great day!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SHORT S CLIP
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named cord attachment
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 28C stamped channel
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. We recommend sticking with the original hardware the window was designed to use but you will need a different stamp option since you recently installed new glass. Can you weigh the window sash on a scale and tell us the precise weight? Can you confirm the length of the metal channel as well? 

As for the balance, it must be a custom order due to the configuration. Yours uses the 15-170 clip to anchor to the pivot shoe and no stock balance of ours has such a clip. With that said, we'll take the Series 770 and swap out the terminal clip for the 15-170. I'll just need the above information confirmed to get this moving for you.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.