Window coil balance

A contractor from St Augustine, Florida says:
Hello, and thank you for all the help that you have given me in the past. I am in need of your assistance once again. I am looking for these coil balance shoe replacement parts.
Thank you in advance and I will await your reply.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240322_175454.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240322_175435.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240322_175424.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240321_170842.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. The pivot shoe looks like our 15-199. This works with either 1/2" thick Series 160 Coil Balances, or 3/8" thick Series 165 springs. Measure the thickness of your old coil springs to see what matches best. For each replacement spring you need to choose a spring weight, which designates the strength of the individual spring. Look for a stamp near the 'tongue' of the coil that indicates this. If there are no stamps or you are unsure, weigh the window sash. Give me the exact weight, and I can work out what you need. 

A contractor from St Augustine, Florida says:
The weight of the sash is 20 pounds.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Great. Depending on the thickness of the coils, which you did not report, proceed with the following: 

• If the coils are 1/2" thick, then you'll need just (2) of the S160-10 10 pound coil springs, one for each side of the window sash. This will equal 10 pounds of support overall. You can use the 15-150S Single Supports for these coils.
  • If the coils are 3/8" thick, then you need (4) of the S165-5 5 pound springs, a pair for each side of the sash. These can be supported with the 15-204 double supports. 

You'll quickly note these are different coil amounts than what you are working with originally, but that doesn't matter so long as the coils are supporting your sash's exact weight. Let me know if you have further questions.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.