Window crank mechanism and guide to match

A quick learner from Petaluma, ca. says:
Hi, I'm hoping you can help me source a replacement for a window crank and guide setup. The aluminum guide measures 13 7/8" long and 11/16" wide at the outside edges with a slot between the roller guides that measures 7/16" wide.

The guide roller piece is secured to the of the mechanism arm and measures 9/16" wide across the center. The bar itself is also 9/16" wide and measures 8 1/2" long from the center of the bend to the end where the roller is attached. The exposed portion of the crank mechanism measures 5 1/4" long and 9/16" wide with 4 holes to attach to the window frame. Only 2 of the 4 holes are used and the distance between the screw hole pairs measure 3 7/8" & 4 3/4"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Track length
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator arm length
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Track profile
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Roller wheel
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We're happy to help but I can't make out if your operator is mounted from the front of the operator like the 39-045 and 39-138 or from the rear like the 39-477. Look over the operators related on this page to see which one would fit best in your window. Note that these operators are used with the 39-504 channel guide.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. This is definitely mounted from the front. In looking at the photos, it looks like 39-045 is will work. The finish of my part looks more like dark bronze than the brown option for 39-045.

If I substitute 39-138 so I can choose the dark bronze finish, will the additional 1/2" in the arm length prevent it from functioning properly? Do these come with the crank handles or do those need to be ordered separately?

This issue with the window is that the operator isn't completely closing the window so it almost seems as though a slightly longer arm may allow for greater closing range, but I'm not sure if this logic is correct or not.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8264.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8265.jpg

Looking at your operator, it does look like the 39-138 could work on your window. Just make sure that the window is wide enough to accommodate the extra 1/2" arm. You will also need to order the 39-114L handle. 

As for your window not closing properly, I would suggest trying to manually close your window using your hand with no operator attached. In my experience, this is the best to find out why the window is not closing completely without depending on the operator. If it doesn't close, hopefully, this will help you see what is stopping it. 

Thank you for your input on this. I did place the order for the longer arm.

Great, we appreciate your business and please let us know if you need anything else. 

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.