Window crank not cranking

A home owner from Ledyard CT says:
I recently bought a new crank and cover but the worm gear still backs out of the window when I try to close it, even with 2 inch wood screws holding the cover in place. What piece do I need to fix my windows?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230520_134555.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid you will need an all new operator to fix your window. Once that worm gear comes out like that, it's not possible to repair. This usually happens as a result of over-torquing the handle one way or the other during operation.

We sell a wide variety of operators, so there's a good chance we sell a replacement. Before I recommend anything, though, I will need a clear picture of the original removed from the window so that I can see it without obstruction. Please let me know if that's possible.

Is this picture good?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16848620965035842069999648304495.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid not. This photo doesn't show me anything that the original didn't already. As mentioned before, we have to see it removed. Otherwise we won't be able to see the entire mechanism. 

I was finally able to remove one. I had to remove part of the window casing. Is this enough detail?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230702_205347.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230702_205336.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! I believe what you have here is an older version of Andersen's 39-206. Review its specs below and see what you think. Note that because the design is not identical, there is a risk that it won't fit perfectly under your existing sill trim. It may be necessary to alter the trim to fit around the new shape of the base, which is no easy task. If you aren't familiar with that kind of project then you may want to seek the help of a local professional to do it for you.

Dimensions for 39-206
Dimensions for 39-206

Alternate view of 39-206
Alternate view of 39-206

How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.