Window cranks

A quick learner from Maine says:
I ordered 2 new parts, 39-187 & 39-188. The parts I received have the #30866 stamped on the upper arm which appears to be just a tad longer than the original part. Do you have a part with a shorter upper arm?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230818_144827.jpg
A quick learner says:
I recently ordered 2 new cranks for my bathroom's Casement windows. The part #s were 39-187 and 39-188. As you can see in the attached picture, the new part is slightly longer than the old one. This is preventing the window from closing all the way. Is there another part that would work better for me?The upper arm(furthest from the gear) measures 4 3/8 inches. With the arm fully extended at a 90° angle from the base, it measures 7 1/4 inches from the tip to the base. The base itself is 5 1/2 inches wide. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230818_144827.jpg
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

Unfortunately we do not carry this style with the shorter link arm needed. Our solution would be to drill off both arms, then install the old arm on the new operator using a 62-014 rivet. That is usually what we do when presented with this issue and I find it works well. Please review and let us know if you have any additional questions! 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.