Window help

A home owner from Sanbornton NH says:

I recently purchased 26-416 for a Harvey window. Apparently, I broke the originals when I tilted the window when it was all the way at the bottom of the track. I replaced the pivot bars and then installed them with the window up about 8? ? however, they twisted again (and almost broke) when I repositioned the window, and now I?m back to square one again ? window will not work. 

I will order new pivot bars but I need guidance with installation.here are pics of my issue. I can rotate the shoe easily with a screwdriver and the piece will go up and down as it should. However, as you can see, the foot piece bends when I insert it (when it is attached to the window).I don't know why that happens.

Your help is appreciated. Thanx for your help. Carl B

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3771.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3770.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3769.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Carl.

You said that you purchased the 26-416 but it appears you actually bought the 26-164. However, I'm thinking the culprit may be the pivot shoe. I recommend you remove yours from the window track and inspect the pivot shoe and its break pad to see if there's any damage. If there is, you will need to replace it. See if the specifications of the 15-105 match up with yours.

If there doesn't appear to be any damage, let us know and we can work from there. 

A home owner from Sanbornton NH says:
Like I said, the shoe and the brake seem to work just fine with a turn with a screwdriver. I'll go ahead and purchase both items for the window and see if That works.
Thanx
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.