Window lock and keeper

A handy person from California says:
Trying to decide between parts 90-019 or 90-274 for our bathroom window.
Is 90-274 made of plastic, metal, or stainless steel? and which one would you recommend for our window (photo provided)?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sweep Lock Keeper
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! To confirm the right replacement for your sweep lock, I'll need to know the distance between the installation holes as well as the measurement from the center of an installation hole to the back of the sash.

Is there any chance there might be an existing sweep lock on a similar window? It would help to see a photo of it, if possible.

A handy person from California says:
It seems like the 2 options I listed are the correct size (2 1/4), we measured.. just trying to find out if #90-274 is made of plastic, metal, or stainless steel..I don't see it on the product info)?
..and if you can recommend one or the other, they appear to be the same exact size.
I've attached a photo of the lock on our other bathroom window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240129_112020.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

These parts are each made of metal. However, they do not have the same dimensions. I cannot recommend one or the other based on the installation space measurement, alone.

The reason I asked for the additional measurement is because the installation hole spacing is not the only measurement of importance. The 90-274 has a backset measurement of 11/16". Given the way your installation hole spacing is on your lock, I do not believe this lock will work for you, at least not without drilling new installation holes.

Keeping this in mind, the 90-019 may not reach far enough to the keeper to be able to secure the window properly. 

Take a look at the diagrams below for reference.

Dimensions for 90-274
Dimensions for 90-274

Dimensions for 90-019
Dimensions for 90-019

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.