Window parts, PAT DS 6.679000, 4.610108, D467 90

A home owner from Myself says:
T lock shoe 1 1/4" for double hung vinyl window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This T lock shoe looks to be a match for our 15-236. Look it over and let me know if you agree, or if you had any questions.

Dimensions for 15-236
Dimensions for 15-236

View of closed cam on 15-236
View of closed cam on 15-236

This 15-236 is same as my T Lock but instead of metal spring there is a plastic spring will it work?

Rajendra 

I also want one series 795 balance assembly with Top attachments S type hook ( in place of screw in clip)as per my photo attached here with .There is a Square hole in window frame as per photo. Channel size is 30 D.At bottom T -Lock shoe 15-236 with plastic spring.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0956.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0955.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0954.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0959.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0957.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

If you wanted to buy a completely new balance, then that complicates this project a little bit. While the 15-236 may be compatible with your old balance, it's not compatible with our Series 795. Note that your balance has a deep groove at the bottom end of the channel. The 15-236 shoe also has a similar groove in its stem, to fit in that space.

The Series 795 has no such groove. This uses the 15-195 shoe, instead. If you're replacing the balances entirely then you should ignore the 15-236.

We can make the Series 795 for you with an S hook at the top, but it will have to be a custom order. It's not a stock configuration so we have to make it here in our shop. Before I do that, can you tell me how many you needed altogether?

Once I have a quantity, I can email you a purchase link and price quote that you can use to place an order on our site.

I need only one series 795 new balance with S hook at top with 15-195 shoe.Please quote price.
One more thing T lock shoe 15-236 will work with metal spring instead of plastic one ?
Rajendra Desai
Profile picture of Tom

Are you referring to the brake? If so, the material of the brake doesn't matter so much. It should still work.

We can only supply custom balances with a quantity of 2 at minimum. I hope that's okay. We always recommend replacing both balances at the same time anyway; balances lose tension over the years and so your older parts won't be as strong as our brand new parts. That will lead to an uneven operation and will even lead to the new balance breaking, due to the excess strain of having to compensate for its weaker partner.

I'll go ahead and email that to you now. This will be for a 30" long Series 795 with a 15-198 hook attached at the end of the cord.

Please let me know if you had any other questions. 

Thank you for your quote.I am going to buy 2 nos. S 795 custom balance with 15-198 hook.Last thing that new Balance will have deep groove at the bottom end of the channel as the 15.236 shoe has ?
Profile picture of Tom

No, the new balances will not have that groove. As explained above, the metal channel on our Series 795 is completely straight from end to end. The 15-236 will not be compatible with the new balances in any way whatsoever.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.