Window pivot shoe

A handy person from MI says:
I need help identifying a replacement part. One of the window pivot shoes is broken. There are absolutely no brand markings on these windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8963.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8964.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

We used to sell this pivot shoe but it was discontinued and is no longer available. However, customers have reported that the 15-177 works well as a replacement. Take a look at the specifications for this part and let me know if you have any questions! 

I also found out that I need to replace the coil balances that go with the same window. The balances for the inside pane are not strong enough. The pane just falls when opened. What is the appropriate replacement type?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9085.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9088.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

The 15-177 pivot shoe is used with the Series 152 coil springs. If you can weigh your sash and give me the precise weight, I can calculate what coil spring weights you'll need.

Thanks so much for your help. The inside sash weighs 20.6 pounds and the outside sash weighs 15.2 pounds.
Profile picture of Emily

No problem! I'm happy to help.

For the inside sash, you can use (2) S152-5 5-pound coil springs on each side of the window. This would total 20 pounds of overall support.

For the outside sash, you have two options. One option would be to use (1) S152-7 7-pound coil spring on each side of the window which would total 14 pounds of overall support. The other option would be to use (1) S152-8 8-pound coil spring on each side of the window which would total 16 pounds of overall support. Either should work for you as long as the coil spring weights are within a pound of the sash's actual weight. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.