Window sash balances

A home owner from Kimberley, BC Canada says:
I have some "All Weather Windows" which need the window sash balances replaced. Looking on line, I found the balance matches your p/n S-385 in a 38" length. The weight of the sash is 39lbs which is beyond the 37-40 max weight capacity of 32lbs. The stamped # in the balance channel is 37-E-50. Can a special order be made to meet these requirements? I need to replace 8 sash balances.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We can supply your replacement 3965 stamp balances to support a sash between 39-42 pounds but it will need to be a custom order since our stock options will not support your sash weight. Before we get started, we strongly encourage you to send us photos of your original balance removed from the window and confirm that the bottom fitting measures exactly 1-3/32" deep as shown below. We want to cover all of our bases since these balances will have a 5-6 week lead time and are non-refundable. Thank you! 

Close up view of the S385 balance top.
Close up view of the S385 balance top.

Close up view of the S385 balance shoe.
Close up view of the S385 balance shoe.

A home owner from Kimberley, BC Canada says:
Hello Casey,
Most of the bottom shoes were demolished but I did find one that was intact. Don't know how well the tape measure shows up but the shoe does measure 1-3/32", allowing for some wear on the rubbing surfaces. Please order the balances asap as we are selling our house and moving on May 1st. I will also require 8 of the 18-171 stepped sash guides.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shoe depth
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel balance
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for confirming. You should be good to go as long as the top fitting matches the 19-005 that comes attached to the Series 385 balances. We just sent over an order link and price quote for you to review. This does not include the 18-171 top sash guides but they can be added to the same order directly from our product page. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.