Window sash removal with the 15-087

A handy person from Ottawa Ontario says:
I'm wondering what is the best removal technique to remove the window sash with the 15-087? As once you tilt the window towards you, the sash pivots lock into position and I'm unable to twist the sash for removal. With the 15-087, you are unable to simply pop one side upwards.
The springs(s180), all 4, are currently broken and I can't see any markings on them at all. Once the sash is out, can I simply weigh it to determine the spring weight required?
Once I get the sash out and determine the springs needed I'll be placing an order and I'm wondering on the shipping costs, if any.
Thank you,
Lou
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look at our replacement video below. These types of housing pivots with closed cams can be especially tricky to remove but you would need to twist the sash as you pull it toward you. This will allow you to raise the sash on one side until you have enough leverage to free the pivot bar from one side. This can require some elbow grease but, unfortunately, there is no easier way to disengage the pivot bar. 

There should be numbers stamped on the coil springs that you would use to choose the corresponding strength options. If not, you would weigh the sash and divide the weight by the number of coils used on both sides. As for shipping, you will be given multiple options to choose from at checkout. Thanks for posting. 

Series 180 coil balance diagram
Series 180 coil balance diagram

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.