Window Screen Seals

A home owner from Illinois says:
Hi! I'm trying to find replacement bug flap / seals for my window screens. They are screens that open up and down for double hung windows. Both of these are inserted in a channel on the screen frame. If there is nothing available to replace them with, I'm open to suggestions on what else I can use.
Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bug flap.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bug flap measurement.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Seal.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Seal measurement.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We did carry a bug flap similar to the one shown in your first two photos but, unfortunately, it was discontinued and is no longer available. As for your bubble seal, take a look and compare the 58-135 to yours. We'll include the dimensions from our product page below. Thank you! 

Profile view of 58-135
Profile view of 58-135

Thank you! I think that bubble will work out perfect!
Is there something else you may carry that is comparable to the bug seal that is discontinued? Maybe there's something with an adhesive?
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we do not carry an adhesive seal that would install in the recessed track shown in your frame. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thanks again! Since there is nothing similar to the bug flap, I'll have to keep the current ones on even though they are old and cracking. I guess it's better than nothing. :)
I really appreciate your help!
Profile picture of Casey

You're very welcome!

Best of luck on the rest of the project and please don't hesitate to reach out if you had any further questions.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.